Hokie Helpers and Weeks of Welcome volunteers needed Aug. 15 through Sept. 2
From: Student Affairs
This year’s large incoming class means that Lane Stadium is about to get just a little bit louder this fall! It also means faculty and staff — across the entire university — will have the opportunity to welcome new students to campus by signing up for one or more staffing experiences during move-in and Weeks of Welcome programming Aug. 15 through Sept. 2.
Requesting Access to the StarRez Portal (External Faculty and Staff)
Most Student Affairs employees are identified in the portal already, but external university faculty and staff will need to request access to the portal first.
To request access:
- Go to the StarRez portal at https://vt.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX
- Click the [Add Me!] link and complete the form to be added to the portal
Once your access is granted, volunteers can sign-up for volunteer shifts with the instructions below.
Volunteer Sign-Up StarRez Portal Instructions
- Access the StarRez portal at https://vt.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX
- Click on the VT-Student SSO Login button and log in with your PID/password and 2-factor ID
- Select Staff Experiences: Move-in and Welcome Activities Sign-up (large orange button) at the top of the page
- Follow the on-screen directions and confirm your e-mail and provide a cellphone number
- All of the staffing events will be listed; under each event name dropdown the system will display the date, time, and length of the experience. Select your staffing appointment time(s)—it will be added to your appointments list.
- Check your email for a StarRez system volunteer confirmation email.
If you are having trouble requesting access or logging in, contact Kenneth Belcher, director of facilities and operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions regarding Weeks of Welcome events, please refer to the full schedule and event details available in the Hokies on Track app or contact the New Student and Family Programs Office at email@example.com.