Centralized distribution of PPE to begin Aug. 16
From: Virginia Tech Procurement
Virginia Tech will return to a centralized distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE), effective Aug. 16. Available PPE supplies include disposable facemasks, reusable cloth facemasks, face shields, hand sanitizer and a limited supply of N95/KN95 masks.
All departments requesting supplies must pick up their orders from the North End Center, Room 2400. Please note: This is a change in pick-up location from the previous model.
Departments should complete an Internal Service Form (ISR) in HokieMart to request any needed PPE. Orders received and fully approved before 2 p.m. will be available for pick up the following business day. Pickup hours are 8:30 a.m.- 4p.m.
The following products are available:
- 3-ply disposable surgical masks with ear loops – in packages of 50 masks
- 100% cotton, machine-washable cloth masks – in packages of 10 masks
- Hand sanitizer individual bottles (small and medium size bottles) – each
- Face shields (reusable with 5 shields) – individually packaged
- N95/KN95 masks – not for lab use; do not require fit testing by Environmental Health & Safety.
Instructions for processing the ISR in HokieMart can be found here. A price list of the products will be located within the instructions, and all ISRs should be completed with appropriate unit pricing.
PPE distribution to departments will be recovered using university central funds; invoices to departments will show no charge to individual departments.
Procurement will ship any orders to university department locations outside of the Blacksburg campus.
This process will continue for at least four weeks to support the start of the fall semester. Virginia Tech Procurement will continue to share updates as more information becomes available. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.