COVID-19 update from the New River Valley Public Health Task Force
Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
From: New River Valley Public Health Task Force
The following is an update from the New River Valley Public Health Task Force to provide a snapshot of the region's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hospitals in the New River Valley region report a total of seven COVID-19 patients and six people under investigation.
- The Virginia Department of Emergency Management is assisting in coordinating the return of the National Guard to assist in surveillance testing in critical infrastructure.
- Testing is available locally, for anyone seeking it. Call 540-267-8240.
- Upcoming testing
- Wed: Frog Pond
- Thu: Giles Health Dept.
- Fri: Radford City Health Dept.
- Thus far, student cases trace to students and community cases trace to the community. The task force is not seeing evidence of crossover transmission.
- At this time, there are no hospitalizations and no deaths related to students.