Nominations being accepted for the 2021 Governor’s Honor Awards
From: Human Resources
The Department of Human Resource Management announced Gov. Northam will continue to honor excellence in state government.
Governor’s Honor Awards are the most prestigious awards presented by the commonwealth to its employees. The awards recognize noteworthy accomplishments that significantly contribute to the advancement of the commonwealth’s strategic goals, mission, and overall administrative excellence.
The effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of state government largely depend on the hard-working, competent, and professional workforce, who provide a broad range of services and diligently respond to the needs of the citizens of the commonwealth. The dedication, talent, and contribution of individuals, at all levels of state government, are making a difference in Virginia. Governor’s Honor Awards are an excellent opportunity to express appreciation to state employees and recognize excellence in state government.
Human Resources is accepting nominations for the 2021 Governor’s Honor Awards until noon, Friday, July 2. All full- and part-time classified and university staff, along with 1500-hour wage employees, may be nominated for the awards. To nominate an employee:
- Complete the nomination form.
- Nominators must e-sign and date the nomination form.
- Jessica Pharis will send the nomination form to the appropriate dean or vice president of the senior management area for endorsement.
- Forms must be submitted no later than noon, Friday, July 2.
- For questions about the nomination process, please contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.