Goldwater Scholarship applications open
From: Honors College
Attention sophomores and juniors in STEM: The Goldwater Scholarship application process is open.
Goldwater Scholarships award up to $7,500 per year for tuition, fees, room, board, and books for the junior/senior years to 300 students planning graduate work and a career in science, mathematics, or engineering. The Goldwater Foundation considers scholastic record, research experience, potential in graduate school, and commitment to a research career.
- Full-time enrollment for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Intend to pursue a research career in a natural science, mathematics or engineering.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident from the 50 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, Guan, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa.
Strongly preferred but not required
- Engagement in undergraduate research.
The pre-application takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It is recommended that the pre-application be completed by Oct. 15.
Note: The pre-application will ask you to list potential recommenders. Those individuals will not be contacted. Contrary to standard practice, do not ask individuals if they agree to write at this stage.
Approval of pre-application gives you access to the full application.
The deadline for the full application is Dec. 1.
START HERE: https://goldwaterscholarship.gov/steps-in-process/
Faculty or potential candidates can contact: Christina M. McIntyre, Virginia Tech Goldwater faculty representative, director of professional development, national and international scholarships, at