Little Hokie Hand-Me-Down event scheduled for Nov. 9 and 10
From: Graduate School
The Little Hokie Hand-Me-Down event is back for its eighth year at Virginia Tech's Blacksburg campus.
Graduate students and staff members with families are welcome to visit the event at the Owens Ballroom (in Owens Hall) and "shop" for children's clothing and other items they may need for their children on Tuesday, Nov. 9, 12-5 p.m. (graduate students only), and on Wednesday, Nov. 10, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. (graduate students and staff). The Women's Center, Graduate and Professional Student Senate, and the Graduate School are co-sponsors of this family-focused event.
Because of public health guidelines, capacity in the ballroom is limited. Please remember also to wear a mask.
Event organizers are accepting donations Oct. 11-Nov. 8 at the Women’s Center, 206 Washington St., from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Organizers ask that all donations be boxed or contained in plastic bags. They are looking for:
- Gently used clothing in baby and young children’s sizes and maternity clothes.
- Toys and children’s books, including music and DVDs.
- Unexpired formula; medical supplies, such as breast pumps; other lactation devices.
- Strollers, unexpired car seats, high chairs.
- School supplies.
- Bathing and grooming supplies, including bathers; unopened and unused creams, lotions, powders.
- Feeding supplies, such as bibs, baby bottles, food warmers.
- Baby gear, such as activity gyms, bassinets, play mats, baby carriers, swings.
On Nov. 9 and 10, each shopper receives a bag and can fill it with as many items as they need. They also may choose from a selection of the larger items. Everything is free. Any leftover items will be donated to charitable organizations in the area.
For more information about the event, please email Jessie Meltsner at email@example.com.