Open enrollment for some optional benefits begins Sept. 1
From: Division of Human Resources
During our annual open enrollment period, Virginia Tech employees have the opportunity to enroll in various optional benefits or make changes to their existing coverage without experiencing a qualifying event. These benefits are available to enhance employees’ benefits package with Virginia Tech.
The open enrollment period for both Legal Resources and Aflac is Sept. 1-30, with an effective date of Oct. 1. No action is required if you are already enrolled, unless you wish to discontinue or make changes.
Now is also a good time to consider signing up for New York Life’s whole life coverage or Securian’s term life insurance. There is no open enrollment period for either of these benefits – employees may enroll at any time.
Legal Resources and Aflac are holding information sessions over Zoom on the following dates:
- Thursday, Sept. 2, at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 16, at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 2, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 9, at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 23, at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept 30, at 10 a.m.
Please find the Meeting IDs and registration information for these sessions on the optional benefits open enrollment page.
For questions, contact the HR Service Center at 540-231-9331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.