Sign up for a Fall Social Security 101 session
From: Human Resources
The Division of Human Resources is hosting a free workshop where employees will have the opportunity to learn more about Social Security. Guest speaker and Social Security representative Jacqueline Weisgarber, who has more than 15 years of experience, will answer questions such as:
- When are you eligible to receive retirement benefits?
- How does early retirement affect your benefits?
- Do you qualify for disability, survivors, and spouse benefits?
- How do you get the most from your benefit?
- What is the future of Social Security?
- When should you file for Medicare?
Attendees are encouraged to go to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount to create a “my Social Security” account and print out their Social Security Statement before attending the workshop.
Two sessions will take place, the first on Tuesday, Oct. 12, at 2 p.m. The second session will be Thursday, Oct. 14, at 10 a.m. Both sessions will have the same information and will take place via Zoom.
Register for a session! Once registered, a Zoom link will be emailed to those enrolled prior to the session.
For questions, please contact the HR Service Center at 540-231-9331 or email@example.com.