Guidance for new and returning students to report their COVID-19 vaccinations
From: Student Affairs and University Relations
These instructions are intended to assist students who have yet to report their vaccination status before the Aug. 6 due date. If you have already uploaded your information, you do not need to do it again.
For new students
New students who will be coming to Virginia Tech for the first time in the fall of 2021 should upload their immunization documentation into the Schiffert online student health portal.
New students include incoming freshman, new transfer students, and new graduate students.
- Log into the Online Student Portal using your PID and password.
- On the next screen, click the Uploads button.
- For all immunization documentation, you should select the “Immunization Forms” then select the form(s) you are uploading. Students should upload the complete Immunizaton History Form and a photo of the front of their COVID vaccine card. Once the appropriate documents are selected, click Upload.
- Students can check their status is the Online Health Portal under the “Immunizations, view history” tab. Students who have a “Verified” status have all required immunizations. Student who have a “Not Compliant” status can view their entered immunizations by clicking on the “Print” button. Students can go to the Required Immunizations page to view all required immunizations.
Students must submit their information by Aug. 6 in order to attend classes this fall.
For returning students
Students who will be returning to Virginia Tech in the fall of 2021 should upload their COVID vaccine documentation into VTNotify.
If you have already uploaded your immunization information through the Online Student Portal you do not need to reupload your documentation to VTNotify.
- Log in to VTNotify using your PID and password. You may be prompted to enter your demographic information if you have not used the system before.
- Select your file of your vaccine documentation. Please make sure to select the correct file as you can only upload one file.
- Click Submit to upload your file. Once the documentation is submitted you will receive a confirmation email to your Virginia Tech email address. If you cannot find the email, please check your Spam folder.
- Once the documentation is reviewed, you will receive an email notification. You should log back in to VTNotify to review the status of your documentation. If the documentation is approved, no further action is required. If the documentation is denied, you will receive a secure email through the Online Portal.
If you have uploaded incorrect documentation you will need to contact COVIDtesting@vt.edu to remove the file.
If you are having trouble uploading the documentation because the file size is too large, please submit your documentation to the Online Health Portal.