VTTI research study seeks participants who use other modes of transportation
From: Virginia Tech Transportation Institute
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) is seeking individuals who often use modes of transportation other than or in addition to driving to participate in a research study. The study will explore what type of information individuals want or need while using new forms of transportation. Participation in this study involves the use of Zoom video conferencing software to connect multiple people electronically from the comfort of their own home or office.
To be eligible, interested individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Live, work, volunteer, or often travel in the Washington, D.C., or surrounding areas such as Northern Virginia.
- Seeking participants with and without visual impairments (e.g., blind or low vision).
- Have a tablet or computer with internet service and video conferencing capabilities.
- Prior experience using Zoom is preferred.
- Prior experience using Ride Share services such as Uber, Lyft, or similar is preferred.
This project has two parts. During the initial 30-minute session, participants will, via Zoom video conference, privately complete questionnaires, review study details, and determine whether their connection to Zoom Meeting, with their electronic device, is eligible to move on to the focus group session.
If eligible, the second session will be a focus group with up to four other participants. During this group video conference, participants will listen to descriptions of various driving scenarios and provide opinions on what information they would like to receive during each scenario. The focus group session will take about 90 minutes. Each part will likely be scheduled on different days.
This project provides compensation of $15 for the initial intake session, and $30 for the focus group, for a total of $45 for full participation in both parts. Your data will be kept strictly confidential.
To learn more, please contact: 540-231-0295 or VTTIStudy@vtti.vt.edu. Reference the “Bloom” project in your message.
All inquiries welcome!
<<Bloom Project: IRB #21-358>>