All employees encouraged to receive a vaccine; register your vaccine information by Aug. 15
From: Human Resources and University Relations
All employees are encouraged to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Additionally, all employees, including full-time and part-time faculty, staff, and wage, are required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination once they are fully vaccinated. This includes employees who are also registered for classes at Virginia Tech. Employees are required to register vaccination information in the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Self-Reporting form after receiving their final dose. The deadline to register vaccination information is Sunday, Aug. 15.
Employees who register their vaccine information will be exempt from required COVID-19 surveillance testing during the 2021-22 academic year.
Below are detailed instructions on how to upload your vaccination record into this secure system. You may use any internet-enabled computer or mobile device to do so. Please follow the instructions below carefully.
1. Log into the form
- Log into the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Self-Reporting form using your PID and password.
- On the next screen, verify your pre-loaded information. If the information is incorrect, do not continue. Contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
2. Enter COVID-19 vaccination information
- Select the Vaccine Type you received (e.g., Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson). The system will adapt to the number of doses you need to enter based on the vaccination type.
- Enter the date(s) you received each dose.
3. Upload an image of your vaccine card.
- Select the image(s) of the front of your vaccine card that you want to upload from your device. Be sure your birth date is visible, and your image(s) include all doses of the vaccine. NOTE: You can upload a photo or scanned copy of your vaccine card. If you have documentation on two different vaccine cards, upload images of both cards, or if it's on front and back, include both sides. For most, you will only upload the front of one card.
- Official documentation must contain name, birthdate, dates of doses, and the vaccine manufacturer.
4. Verify your information
- Be sure the information you entered is correct.
- Submitted information will be validated against your HR Banner record. Individuals who do not have valid vaccination records will be required to participate in the university surveillance testing program.
Following submission, you should receive a confirmation email from the registration portal that your vaccination registration is complete. If there are any issues or inconsistencies in the information you’ve entered you may be contacted by Human Resources to address the concerns. If you do not receive a confirmation email or if you want to double check your submission, log back into the form and click "View History" to make sure your information and image of your vaccination card were submitted. If you do not see your information or card image in the history, follow the instructions above to resubmit your vaccination information.
For questions about reporting your vaccination status, visit the frequently asked questions page for employees. If you have questions or concerns about the form, please contact our HR Service Center at email@example.com. If you have technical issues with the form, please contact our IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.