Undergraduate Student Senate transition team named
From: Student Affairs
At the close of the spring 2021 semester, Virginia Tech will begin phasing in a new student government model with the Undergraduate Student Senate (USS). Recently, a 12-student transition team was named to help lay the foundations for the USS.
The transition team includes:
- Miles Guth, sophomore, Biomedical Sciences (SGA President)
- Sara Wynkoop, sophomore, Finance and Management (SGA VP)
- Sherlock Banks, II, junior, Civil Engineering (SGA Secretary)
- Alex Jett, sophomore, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Jimmy Heagerty, junior, Finance and Economics
- Jimmy Lowe, freshman, Business Information Technology
- Jarrett Toothman, junior, Political Science
- Mallory Fields, freshman, Biology
- Joe Lichtenstein, sophomore, Political Science
- Adyan Atiq, freshman, General Engineering
- Rose Moss, junior, Building Construction and Design
The goals of this transition team are to develop foundational documents for the USS; create positions and training plains; plan for branding, communication and outreach; and define an appropriate strategy for student activity fees.
For students wanting to learn more about USS and the transition team, there will be an open session on March 24 at 3 p.m.