Enrollment open for some optional benefits through Sept. 30
From: Division of Human Resources
During our annual open enrollment period, Virginia Tech employees have the opportunity to enroll in various optional benefits or make changes to their existing coverage without experiencing a qualifying event. These benefits are available to enhance employees’ benefits packages with Virginia Tech.
The open enrollment period for both Legal Resources and Aflac is Sept. 1-30, with an effective date of Oct. 1. No action is required if you are already enrolled, unless you wish to discontinue your coverage or make changes.
Now is also a good time to consider signing up for New York Life’s whole life coverage or Securian’s term life insurance. There is no open enrollment period for either of these benefits; employees may enroll at any time.
The Commonwealth of Virginia also offers Genworth long-term care insurance. This benefit is not deducted from your paycheck. For more information, including how to register, visit the long-term care website.
Legal Resources and Aflac will hold both in-person and virtual information sessions on the following dates.
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 12 - 1 p.m. (Virtual)
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (In-person, North End Center, room 2420; walk-ins welcome)
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 12 - 3:30 p.m. (In-person, North End Center, room 2420; walk-ins welcome)
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, 12-1 p.m. (Virtual)
- Tuesday, Sept. 6, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (In-person, North End Center, room 2420; walk-ins welcome)
- Wednesday, Sept. 7, 10-11 a.m. (Virtual)
- Monday, Sept. 12, 2-3 p.m. (Virtual)
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2-3 p.m. (Virtual)
- Thursday, Sept. 22, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (In-person, North End Center, room 2420; walk-ins welcome)
- Monday, Sept. 26, 10-11 a.m. (Virtual)
All virtual meeting IDs can be found on the optional benefits enrollment webpage.