Changes to spring commencement schedule
Editor's note: This story has been updated to reflect the deparments included in various ceremonies.
Virginia Tech will host spring commencement ceremonies by college to accommodate growing classes and their family and friends.
The university commencement ceremony will be Friday, May 13, at 8:30 a.m. College specific ceremonies will take place between Saturday, May 7, and Sunday, May 15. Most ceremonies will take place in Lane Stadium unless otherwise noted.
Previously, ceremonies were held in venues across campus, some at the departmental level. Changes to the schedule were made in collaboration with stakeholders across campus.
By moving the events to Lane Stadium, space for graduates and those celebrating them will no longer be limited. Capacity limits for commencement ceremonies will adhere to public health guidelines.
Here’s a look at the complete schedule.
Saturday, May 7
- 9 a.m. Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (Roanoke)
Wednesday, May 11
- 3:30 p.m. Graduate School Commencement
- 7 p.m. Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine (Bachelor of Science in Public Health) Ceremony
Thursday, May 12
- 8:30 a.m. Pamplin College of Business (Accounting and Information Systems, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism Management, and Marketing)
- Noon Pamplin College of Business (Business Information Technology, Management, and Real Estate)
- 3:30 p.m. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- 7 p.m. College of Natural Resources and Environment
Friday, May 13
- 8:30 a.m. University commencement
- 3:30 p.m. College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- 7 p.m. Corps of Cadets Graduation and Joint Commissioning Ceremony (Burruss Hall)
- 7 p.m. Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Ceremony (Moss Arts Center)
Saturday, May 14
- 8:30 a.m. College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Noon College of Science
- 3:30 p.m. College of Engineering (Biological Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering , Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mining Engineering)
- 7 p.m. College of Engineering (Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Biomedical Engineering And Mechanics, Civil and environmental Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering)
Sunday, May 15
1 p.m. Graduate School Commencement (Washington, D.C., Metro Area)