Search for vice president for human resources underway
Virginia Tech has announced the search committee for the vice president for human resources.
Once hired, the vice president for human resources will report to the senior vice president for operations and administration. The search for the senior vice president for operations and administration began this fall and continues this spring.
In August, Lisa Wilkes was named interim vice president for human resources following the strategic realignment of the Office of the President staff.
Interim Senior Vice President of Operations and Administration Dwight Shelton will chair the search committee. Members of the committee are:
- Rhonda Arsenault, associate vice president for advancement services;
- Reza Barkhi, professor, Pamplin College of Business;
- Rosemary Blieszner, dean, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences;
- Steve Capaldo, associate legal counsel, Office of University Legal Counsel;
- Mary Christian, human resources director, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences;
- Martin Daniel, associate vice president for human resources strategic engagement;
- Jack Finney, vice provost for faculty affairs;
- Tim Hodge, associate vice president for budget and financial planning;
- Rodney Irvin, director employee relations;
- Robin Jones, executive director of organizational effectiveness, Division of Student Affairs;
- Ed Nelson, associate dean and chief of staff, College of Engineering;
- Kelly Oaks, assistant vice president for equity and accessibility;
- Cheryl Peterson, executive director, Office of the President;
- Menah Pratt-Clarke, vice provost for inclusion and diversity and vice president for strategic affairs;
- Brandy Salmon, executive director, LINK | The Center for Advancing Industry Partnerships;
- Robert Sebek, collections technology specialist, University Libraries;
- Elizabeth Spingola, doctoral student, Department of Engineering Education;
- Anthony Watson, associate director of buildings and grounds.
Nancy Meacham, project director in the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer, will provide administrative support for the search committee.
Virginia Tech has engaged the national executive search firm of Witt/Kieffer to assist with this search. This firm specializes in higher education senior leadership recruiting and has supported Virginia Tech in previous projects. The firm welcomes community feedback and suggestions and nominations of potential candidates.
Nominations and comments may be sent in confidence to VirginiaTechVPHR@wittkieffer.com. Nominations may also be sent via email to Savita Sharma, chief of staff to the vice president for finance and CFO or via campus mail, 134 Burruss Hall (0174).
Once completed, the position description will be posted to the Office of the President website.