Nominate outstanding graduate students for annual awards
The Graduate School recognizes the achievements and contributions of outstanding graduate students each year during Graduate Education Week. In addition to its own awards, the Graduate School presents several awards in collaboration with the Alumni Association, William Preston Society and Division of Student Affairs. The outstanding master's degree and Ph.D. students in each college also are recognized at the annual awards dinner. Most of the awards include monetary prizes and certificates.
Here are the award categories:
- Outstanding Dissertation (one from STEM fields and one from social sciences/business/humanities)
- Preston Society Master’s Thesis Awards (three awards)
- GTA Excellence (one award for outstanding instructor of record and one award for outstanding GTA instructor assistant
- Graduate Student Service Excellence
- Graduate Student of the Year (up to three awards annually)
- Outstanding master’s degree and doctoral students in each college and in interdisciplinary programs.
Find more information about the awards, including criteria, links to nomination and application forms, and the nomination/application process at this website: http://graduateschool.vt.edu/about/awards/student.html.
The deadline for nominations is January 29, 2018.