Experience the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences with virtual reality goggles at the state fair
Now you only have to go as far as your smartphone to be able to see all that the Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences has to offer.
A new series of virtual reality images immerses viewers in 360-degree scenes from around the college that highlight the research, education, and outreach that faculty, staff, and students undertake on a daily basis. The images can be found online and at this year's State Fair of Virginia.
The photos range from graduate students working in a modern lab in the Human and Agricultural Biosciences Building 1 to Virginia Cooperative Extension agents examining food safety issues and athletic trainers working with the football team in Lane Stadium during a football game.
Visitors can also view the images through virtual reality goggles at the college's state fair booth Sept. 29 to Oct. 8 in the Young McDonald’s Farm tent at The Meadow Event Park in Doswell.
Anyone with a smartphone can view the images today on Google Maps. If you have a pair of virtual reality goggles, which can be purchased for as little as $5, you can view the images in VR setting using the goggles and the Google Street View app on your smartphone.
The images show the diversity and breadth of what students can do with a degree from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Researchers examining water quality in the StREAM Lab at Stroubles Creek.
- Students at Kentland Farm learning to how to feed a growing population.
- Students working in a laboratory in the Human and Agricultural Biosciences Building 1.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension specialists examining issues surrounding food safety.
- The new Dairy Science Complex at Kentland Farm.
- A SCALE-UP classroom where students learn in flexible, intimate spaces.
- A greenhouse where students and researchers examine everything from genetics to horticulture.
- Researchers studying turfgrass and students studying athletic training ply their trades in Lane Stadium.
For directions to the State Fair of Virginia or more information, visit www.statefairva.org.