Virginia Tech’s Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture hosts tent at Aug. 5 Virginia Ag Expo
The state's largest agricultural exhibit is being hosted at Corbin Hall Farm in Water View, Virginia
Every year, thousands of Virginia’s producers gather at the Virginia Ag Expo to examine the latest trends and technologies in agriculture.
This year, as the Virginia Tech Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture co-hosts a tent at the event, producers can learn about not only the current technologies available to them, but also the ones that will help them in the years to come.
Producers, industry partners, and all other attendees at the Ag Expo event are invited to stop by the tent to learn how you can team up with and learn from leading experts to help increase yields while harnessing the latest technologies available in agriculture.
The event is August 5 is at Corbin Hall Farm, 2403 Corbin Hall Dr., Water View, Virginia.
Center for Advanced Innovation in Agriculture, or CAIA, is hosting the tent along with the Virginia Seafood Agriculture Research and Extension Center, the Controlled Environment Agriculture Innovation Center located in the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research in Danville, Virginia, and Virginia State University.
CAIA serves as a catalyst for collaboration and connections where Virginia Tech scientists and stakeholders with diverse expertise partner to solve complex problems and help the agricultural industry adapt to emerging technologies.
A schedule of speakers at the CAIA tent is as follows:
- 9 a.m.: CEA – Linkages and Opportunities with Scott Lowman and Michael Schwarz
- 9:45 a.m.: SmartFeeds and CEA–sorghum and more for aquaculture with Michael Schwarz
- 10:30 a.m.: Not Your Average Superheroes: Meet aquaponics and hydroponics with David Crosby
- 11:15 a.m.: New specialty crop for Virginia: Vegetable soybeans, or edamame, with Bo Zhang, Steve Rideout, Tom Kuhar, Mark Reiter and more
- 12:45 p.m.: Fast Forward: Agriculture Technology Supports Environmental Sustainability – Kang Xia, and Zach Easton
- 1:30 p.m.: Barley to Beer in Virginia - Nicholas Santantonio