Virginia Tech Board of Visitors to meet June 7-8
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors will hold its quarterly board meeting on Tuesday, June 8, at 1:15 p.m. in Latham Ballroom A/B at the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center (901 Prices Fork Road) on the Blacksburg campus.
All meetings held during the two-day session will be held at the Inn at Virginia Tech unless otherwise noted.
On Monday, June 7, the board’s Executive Committee will meet in closed session at 12:30 p.m. in Old Guard Salon. At 3:45 p.m., all board members will meet in Latham Ballroom A/B for an open information session, which will followed by a closed session.
During the board's two-day session, the following committee meetings will be held:
- On Tuesday, June 8, the Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee will meet jointly with the Finance and Resource Management Committee in closed session at 9 a.m. in Latham Ballroom A/B. The Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee will then meet in open session at 9:30 a.m., in Latham Ballroom C/D/E/F.
- Also on June 8, the Buildings and Grounds Committee will assemble in the lobby of The Inn at 7:50 a.m. to tour athletics facilities. At 8:15 a.m. the committee will meet in open session at the Student Athlete Performance Center, located in the Jamerson Center (21 Beamer Way, Blacksburg). The meeting will be followed by a tour of the performance center, the ACC Broadcast Studio, and the weight room.
- On June 7, the Compliance, Audit, and Risk Committee will meet in closed session at 9:30 a.m., followed by open session, in Latham Ballroom A/B.
- The Finance and Resource Management Committee will meet June 8 at 9:30 a.m.in open session in Latham Ballroom A/B.
- The Governance and Administration Committee will meet in open session on June 7 at 1:30 p.m. in Latham Ballroom A/B.
During the two-day meeting, board members will consider resolutions on the 2021-22 university operating and capital budgets, the 2021-22 faculty compensation plan, and the 2020-21 promotion, tenure, and continued appointments program. The board will also consider a resolution to establish a new School of Environmental Security in the College of Natural Resources and Environment.
Public comment will not be received at the meeting. Complete information may be found at the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website.