Checklist for families at mid-semester
As the middle stretch to the semester arrives, we've compiled these tips and suggestions to help you and the Hokie in your life navigate the next few weeks.
- Review housing & residence life information to learn more about move-out, health and safety, and frequently asked questions.
- Review information about COVID-19 testing, including prevalence testing procedures, and read the FAQs.
- Learn more about the COVID-19 isolation and quarantine procedures.
- Is your student looking for a place to study? Spaces and events look a little different this year, but there’s still lots to experience.
- Stay up to date on events being offered for students.
- Make sure your Hokie stays in motion. There are lots of options for exercise and competition while staying safe and healthy this fall.
- Prepare for your student to leave campus by Nov. 21.
- Trying to secure off-campus housing for fall 2021s? Check out these resources.
- This time in the semester can be stressful for students. Make sure to connect with Cook Counseling!
- Make sure you’re signed up for the Hokie Family Hub and Family eNews to receive the most up-to-date information.
- Is your student struggling academically? Make sure they check out the resources at the Student Success Center. They can also contact the Dean of Students office or their academic department head.
- Trying to make plans for the spring semester? Watch your email inbox and vt.edu/ready for details, coming soon, about the spring semester calendar.
In case you missed it:
Important numbers to know:
- Virginia Tech’s COVID-19 Helpline – 540-231-7600
- Schiffert Health Center – 540-231-6444
— Compiled by Jonathan Tunwar and Travis Williams