Virginia Tech Board of Visitors to meet Aug. 25-27
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors will hold its quarterly board meeting at 1:15 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, in the Shenandoah Room at The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center, located at 110 Shenandoah Ave. in Roanoke, Virginia.
On Saturday, Aug. 25, an orientation session and retreat will be held in open session for all new and returning board members from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the W.E. Skelton 4-H Educational Conference Center located at 775 Hermitage Road in Wirtz, Virginia. Board members will receive background information on Virginia Tech as well as discuss broad issues facing institutions of higher education today.
On Sunday, Aug. 26, an information session for all board members will be held from 12:45 to 2:15 p.m. in Room R-3012 of the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute, located at 2 Riverside Circle in Roanoke.
The following board of visitors committees will meet in Roanoke during the three-day meeting:
- The Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee will meet Aug. 26 in open session from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Room R-3012 of the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
- On Aug. 27, the Buildings and Grounds Committee will meet in open session at 9:30 to 11 a.m. in Room 716 of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, located at 108 North Jefferson St. in Roanoke.
- On Aug. 26, the Compliance, Audit, and Risk Committee will meet in closed session from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. in the Blue Ridge Room at the Hotel Roanoke, followed by an open session from 9:15 to 10:45 a.m. in the Appalachian Room at the Hotel Roanoke.
- On Aug. 27, the Finance and Resource Management Committee will meet with the Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee in closed session from 8:15 to 8:45 a.m. The Finance and Resource Management Committee will then meet in open session from 8:45 to 11 a.m., followed by an open session with the Buildings and Grounds Committee from 11 to 11:15 a.m. All three sessions will be held in Room 715 of the Roanoke Higher Education Center.
- The Governance and Administration Committee will meet Aug. 27 in open session at from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. in Room 717 of the Roanoke Higher Education Center.
During the three-day meeting, board members will receive reports on the university’s strategic plan; the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative; the recent Gallup survey; Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute and related health sciences and technology initiatives; and safety, security, and preparedness at satellite campus locations. Board members will also receive design previews of the Livestock and Poultry Research Facility and the Student Athlete Performance Center Facilities and will consider resolutions to amend the parental leave policy to align with the Governor’s executive order and to establish an extended campus site at the Arlington center.
Public comment will not be received at the meeting. More information may be found at the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website.