In memoriam: Lesley “Sue” Ratcliff, dining services
Lesley “Sue” Ratcliff, age 50, of Hiwassee in Pulaski County, passed away on Friday, July 6, 2018.
Lesley was born on June 23, 1968 and was employed with Virginia Tech for more than 10 years. She most recently served as a service leader in the West End Market. She was a 1987 graduate of Pulaski County High School.
Lesley was the daughter of Ruby Ellen Goad Ratcliff and the late Walter Turner Ratcliff Jr. Her brother, James Darryl “JD” Ratcliff also preceded her in death. She is survived by her mother; sisters Sharon (Thomas) Markey and Debbie Ratcliff; nieces Allison (Mike) Leonard, Ashley Markey, and Amber Markey; nephews Alex Markey, Jeb Ratcliff, and Jake Ratcliff; great nephew Brian Leonard; and great niece Maggie Leonard.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at the Bower Funeral Home-Pulaski with Pastor Mike Coleman officiating. Interment will follow at the Goad Family Cemetery (Hiwassee). The family will receive friends one hour before service time. To sign the online guestbook, please visit Bower Funeral Homes.
Those in the Virginia Tech community who may wish assistance or desire counseling support may contact:
- Cook Counseling Center at 540-231-6557
- Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787
- Office of Housing and Residence Life at 540-231-6205
- Hokie Wellness at 540-231-2233 (students) or 540-231-8878 (employees)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anthem at 1-855-223-9277
- Aetna at 1-888-238-6232 (company name: Commonwealth of Virginia, username: COVA, password: COVA)
- Kaiser Permanente at 1-866-517-7042
Referrals to a campus cleric may be done through the Dean of Students Office at 540-231-3787.
- Courtesy of Bower Funeral Chapels