Virginia Tech Board of Visitors to meet Sept. 10-11
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors will hold its quarterly board meeting at 1:15 p.m. Monday, Sept. 11, in the Board Room of Torgersen Hall (Room 2100) on the Blacksburg campus.
On Sunday, Sept. 10, the Executive Committee will meet in closed session from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the 1872 Salon at the Inn at Virginia Tech. An information session for all board members will be held in open session from 1 to 2:15 p.m. in the Smithfield Room, also at the Inn at Virginia Tech.
The following Board of Visitors committees will meet at the Inn at Virginia Tech during the two-day meeting:
- The Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee will meet Sept. 10 in open session from 2:30 to 4:45 p.m. in the Solitude Room, followed by a closed session meeting from 4:45 to 5:15 p.m., also in the Solitude Room.
- On Sept. 11, the Buildings and Grounds Committee will depart from the Inn at Virginia Tech to tour the Route 460 Southgate Drive Interchange beginning at 7:30 a.m. At 9 a.m., the committee will meet with the Governance and Administration Committee in closed session in the Solitude Room. Building and Grounds will then meet in open session at 9:30 a.m., also in Solitude Room. The committee will then join the Finance and Resource Management Committee in open session beginning at 11 a.m. in the Duck Pond Room.
- The Compliance, Audit, and Risk Committee will meet in closed session on Sept. 10 from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. in the Duck Pond Room and will meet in open session from 9:15 to 11 a.m. in the Solitude Room.
- The Finance and Resource Management Committee will meet Sept. 11 in closed session from 8:30 to 8:45 a.m. in the 1872 Salon. The committee will then meet in open session from 8:45 to 11 a.m. in the Duck Pond Room.
- The Governance and Administration Committee will meet Sept. 11 in open session at 9:30 a.m. in the Smithfield Room.
This will be the first Board of Visitors meeting with the new committee structure. During the two-day session, board members will hear reports on Destination Areas, the Health Science and Technology Campus and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and the Honor System; and review initial design concept on several capital construction and renovation projects. Public comment will not be received at the meeting.
More information may be found at the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website.