Meet the faces behind Virginia Tech Parking and Transportation
The Department of Parking and Transportation, part of the Division of Administrative Services, manages more than 16,400 parking spaces, a motorist assistance program, a fleet of approximately 300 vehicles, and a robust and award-winning alternative transportation program that includes daily shuttles from the Blacksburg campus to the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute in Roanoke.
In addition to 31,000 students and 13,000 employees, an estimated 60,000 alumni, parents, and community members visit the campus each year.
Find out about the work the department is doing — beyond issuing citations — by hearing about it from the employees themselves.
- Bike Hub Hero – Alex Pham, Alternative Transportation Assistant
- Citations Needed – Mike Hill, Parking Enforcement Officer
- Meet Mr. Fleet – Anthony Dove, Service Scheduler and Dispatcher
- The Other Side of the Desk – Michael Stables, Parking Customer Service Agent
- Finding Balance – Pam Tate, Parking Services Assistant Manager
- Blacksburg’s Bike/Bus Boss – Mackenzie Jarvis, Alternative Transportation Manager
- Talking Shop – John Falck, Automotive Shop Supervisor
- From Hawaii to Blacksburg – Jeri Baker, Director of Parking and Transportation
- Parking Patrol – Debra Young, Parking Enforcement Supervisor
- That I May Serve – Bo Frazier, Parking Services Manager
The campaign ran on the Virginia Tech Employees Facebook page during the spring 2017 semester.
Read all of the campaign’s installments on the Parking and Transportation website.