33 complete Virginia Tech leadership programs
Thirty-three Virginia Tech employees are being recognized for completing two of the university’s advanced leadership programs.
For more than a year the group has explored core leadership competencies through interactive workshops, 360-feedback assessments, and individualized coaching.
Of the 33 employees, a dozen completed the Executive Development Institute and 21 completed the Management Academy. Completion of the programs positions these employees to take on increased leadership roles at Virginia Tech in the coming years.
In the past year alone, 21 former graduates of the Executive Development Institute and 25 former graduates of the Management Academy have been promoted or have taken on new and expanding leadership roles within the university.
“These graduates represent a talented group of leaders with diverse personal, educational, and experiential backgrounds," said Lori Baker-Lloyd, executive director of University Organizational and Professional Development. "We are excited to watch as they implement what they learned and bring about purpose-driven change throughout the university."
The 2015-16 Management Academy graduates are:
- Kimberly M. Ascue, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Kathaleen H. Carr, Dining Services
- Jennifer A. Carter, Continuing and Professional Education
- Curtis K. Dugar, Department of Housing and Residence Life
- Elizabeth R. Ebel, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Gina R. French, Pamplin College of Business
- Ciji N. Good, Office of University Development
- Matthew L. Hammond, Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Stephanie N. Hart, College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Rachel M. Layman, Environmental Health and Safety
- Lauren P. Magruder, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Matthew S. Mayotte, Student Athlete Academic Support Services
- Mike Moyer, Network Infrastructure and Services
- Catherine B. Petry, Department of Human Resources
- Robyn A. Raines, Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center
- Carin L. Roberts-Wollmann, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Nicole P. Sanderlin, College of Engineering
- J. Brad Sumpter, Finance Information Technology
- Christine A. Watkinson, Office of the President
- Laura J. Wedin, Virginia Tech Alumni Association
- Carrie E. Woodring, Virginia Tech Foundation
The 2015-16 Executive Development Institute graduates are:
- Kanitta Charoensiri, Schiffert Health Center
- Dawn M. Crigger, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center
- Feride Daku, Office of the Provost
- Marcus T. DeBonis, Collaborative Computing Solutions
- Anne M. Khademian, School of Public and International Affairs
- Nancy G. McGehee, Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Valerie E. Ragan, Center for Public and Corporate Veterinary Medicine
- Savita Sharma, Office of the Vice President for Finance
- Patrick L. Tomlin, University Libraries
- Julie Walters Steele, Reynolds Homestead Continuing Education Center
- L. Garrett Weddle, Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute
- Anisa Zvonkovic, Department of Human Development
The Executive Development Institute and Management Academy were developed by University Organizational and Professional Development and are sponsored by the Office of the President.
Written by Katie Huger, employee communications manager, and Chris Ventura, a senior from Virginia Beach, Virginia, majoring in public relations and creative writing.