Crime alert: Sexual assault in Slusher Hall
An incident was recently reported in which a student was sexually assaulted by another student. The incident occurred on or about January 23 in the early morning hours in a room located in Slusher Hall.
The assault occurred after the offender knocked on the victim’s door, and once the victim answered the door, the offender forced their way in to the room. The victim was held down and sexually assaulted against their will. The offender is known to the victim, but his identity has not been provided to the police.
Virginia Tech Police would like to remind all community members of the following:
- Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Sexual assault is non-consensual sexual activity, ranging from unwanted sexual touching to forced intercourse.
- Call Virginia Tech Police Department immediately to report all suspicious people and circumstances.
If you are the victim of a sexual assault, you have options and help available through:
- Women's Center at Virginia Tech:
- Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley:
- Cook Counseling Center:
- Dean of Students Office:
For more information on resources, visit the Stop Abuse at Virginia Tech website at http://www.stopabuse.vt.edu/.