Hokie Nation Network member wins Hokie bowl game prize package
The Virginia Tech Alumni Association and Martin Travel have announced the winner of the Hokie Nation Network Orange Bowl game prize package.
The winner, Matthew Smith, is a 2005 Pamplin College of Business graduate who holds a bachelor's degree in accounting. Smith says he will be traveling to the Orange Bowl game with his brother, Patrick, a 2003 graduate, to watch the Virginia Tech Hokies take on the fourth ranked Stanford Cardinal on Jan. 3, 2011.
Smith was randomly selected from more than 1,600 Hokies who updated their profiles on Hokie Nation Network during the contest period. The bowl prize package includes travel, lodging, and bowl game tickets for two.
The Hokie Nation Network offers
- Career opportunities: members can post their resume, create new business contacts, start a discussion related to their field, or find employment opportunities;
- Opportunities to get involved with local Alumni Association chapters and clubs;
- Ways to connect with friends, classmates, alumni, and students;
- A place to post special opportunities to other Hokies such as house for rent, employment availabilities, and Virginia Tech sporting tickets;
- Opportunities to learn current Virginia Tech information on colleges, departments, student groups; and
- A search feature that allows members to find Hokies by locality, career, specific interest, class year, or major.
The Hokie Nation Network is a free, professional networking site designed exclusively for alumni, students, faculty, and staff. This career networking tool allows members to search job opportunities, post resumes, and offer career advice within a secure network. The network has 12,898 active users.
This story was written by Gwen Harrington, assistant director of alumni relations.