Category: campus experience
Virginia Tech Alumni Association, Office of Equity and Inclusion to host Black Alumni Reunion March 18-21
The Virginia Tech Alumni Association and the Office of Equity and Inclusion will host the Black Alumni Reunion on the Virginia Tech campus in 2010.
The last Black Alumni Reunion was celebrated in March 2007.
The event will include
- Welcome reception
- Career and professional development – Black alumni who have excelled to the top of their career fields will share strategies and conduct interactive workshops to show alumni how to maximize their Virginia Tech degree.
- Alumni career exhibit – Alumni will represent their companies to provide career advice and mentoring to alumni and students.
- Networking Exchange – Attendees will have the opportunity to meet up with friends and former classmates. Everyone is encouraged to bring his/her business cards to distribute to others.
- Overton Johnson Stepshow – The stepshow is a long standing tradition; it’s sponsored by National Pan-Hellenic Council of Virginia Tech.
- Time to enjoy campus and the surrounding area is available to alumni, family, and friends. Recreational activities include a basketball tournament, campus tours, golf, and mini group reunions.
- Banquet – A banquet will be held to honor some of our most influential black alumni.